UNICEF Opens $100K Price Money Competition for Data Science Enterpreneurs
The UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking for technology start-ups in Ghana and other qualifying countries worldwide. The innovation fund offers up to $100,000 equity-free investment to support winners whose work has the potential to benefit humanity.
They are looking to make investments in applicants who meet the following criteria:
- For profit entrepreneurs with registered companies in the qualify UNICEF programme countries
- You must be registered as a private company in a UNICEF programme country;
- Working on open source technology solutions or willing to be open-source under the following licenses or their equivalent: BSD (software), CERN (hardware), or CC-BY (content)
- You have an existing prototype of the solution with promising results from initial pilots
- Your solution has the potential to positively impact society.
- Your company does not have to be fully down the road of having a ready product, it can be at the very beginning. Our funding is intended to seed
- an exploration within a company that already exists, that has a strong team and a prototype, and that can be profitable, and successful in the space of data-science.
What is UNICEF looking for in potential candidates?
They are particularly looking for candidates using data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence or similar technologies to build solutions that respond to the following questions:
Are you using new sources of data such as satellite imagery or social media and applying data science or artificial intelligence techniques to understand the physical world that we live in?
- Applying deep learning to analyze satellite imagery and automatically map infrastructure such as schools, health centers, roads or cell towers
- Using digital footprints from sources like social media or mobility patterns to understand public spaces.
- Exploring ML/AI techniques to help us better understand the physical world that we live in and its rapidly changing environments.
Do you know how much knowledge is available in your language online? Was it created locally? How is content structured and how do we learn it? In other words, are you trying to use data science and AI to understand the digital world that we live in?
- Using Natural Language Processing (NLP) or similar techniques to analyze large amounts of text
- Using ML/AI to understand content structures and knowledge/learning relationships
- Exploring ML/AI techniques to help us better understand the digital world that we live in as well as its dynamics/changing trends
What skills will be in most demand tomorrow? Are you trying to use data science, machine learning or artificial intelligence techniques to generate new insights from data?
- Using ML/AI to understand the relationships between different variables that impact development indicators (i.e. learning, socio-economic, resilience, health).
- Applying optimization techniques to improve service delivery, resource allocation or content delivery, for example:
- Predictive analysis to understand changes in the world such as job market trends or the supply and demand of skill.
Or are you generating and curating data for any of the above?
- Gathering and combining existing data from different sources
- Generating new data through field data collection, crowdsourcing or social network platformsUsing novel approaches to generate, as well as to validate, large amounts of training data.
If your answers to the aforementioned questions then you are all set to apply to make your country pround. Women led projects are highly encouraged to apply for this innovation fund. Click here to read more and apply !
Entertainment4 months ago
Meet the Rising Ghana Hiphop Star in UENR
Lifestyle2 months ago
Things You Should Never Do When You First Start Dating
General News2 months ago
Tijaaniyyah Sufi Islam – A Perspective
Entertainment2 months ago
Samini’s ‘Untamed’ Album Edges to #1 on Billboard
Reltionship Tips2 weeks ago
7 Signs She Is the Right Girl for You
Tech4 months ago
4 Basic Factors In Choosing A Web Hosting Company
Reltionship Tips2 months ago
Gооd Relationship Tірѕ tо Rеmеmbеr
Politics1 month ago
Nana Appiah Mensah has been arrested in Dubai – Sources