Connect with us


Tamale NPP boys lock up National Sports Authority office



Tamale NPP boys lock up National Sports Authority office

Tamale NPP boys lock up National Sports Authority office

Supporters of the governing New Patriotic Party have locked up the offices of the National Sports Authority (NSA) in the Northern regional capital, Tamale Monday morning.

Led by a man who identified himself as Karim Abdul Rafiq, the group of party youths say they oppose the supposed reinstatement of the NSA Director, Alhassan Salamatu.

According to Joy News’ Northern regional correspondent Martina Bugri, the Director was part of three other management members who were transferred out of the Northern Regional office of the NSA.

Read Also:  PSG New Manager, Pochettino Tests POSITIVE for Covid-19

The group, Abdul Rafiq said, includes the notorious militia group, Kandahar Boys, which is affiliated to the governing New Patriotic Party.

The group which has accused the Director, Salamatu, of mismanagement claim they got wind that she has been reinstated.

“All we want is for her to honour her transfer and leave the office,” said Rafiq.

They are also accusing her of using political influence to getting her transfer revoked. “We do not want any of that,” Rafiq demanded.

Read Also:  Usain Bolt Drops Adorable Photos of His Daughter

The group told JoyNews that they would hold on to keys of the premises until the Director honours the transfer.

Martina also reported, the staff of NSA petitioned the Sports Minister and the President against reinstating the embattled Director.

The staff cited embezzlement of funds, fueling disunity among staff as part of the reasons for wanting Salamatu out.

Speaking to the media, the administrator of the NSA in Tamale, Samuel Nii Oblie described the circumstances in which he and the other staff were ousted from the premises.

Read Also:  GHPL: Legon Cites Shock AshGold With Win 5-2 to Move Out of Relegation Zone

“We were working and they asked us to get out and they locked the premises afterward,” Nii Oblie said.

According to him, they called the police and informed them about the attack at the offices but 45 minutes later, at the time of the report, the law enforcers were yet to arrive.


Share with Friends:

Follow US on Facebook

Africa Business Directory

Are you looking to increase your company's online presence in Africa? List your company on our No.1 business directory in Ghana & business directory in Africa as a whole on