Senior Reliability Engineer – Advisor by Newmont Mining Corporation
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Technical Services provides global support to Newmont and its operating businesses across a range of specialized technical functions. Within Technical Services, the Asset Management (AM) function will be responsible for creating and implementing effective global asset strategies, delivering efficient asset planning and strategic insights to drive exceptional global asset performance across Newmont’s portfolio. It aims to ensure that Newmont’s asset management processes and capabilities are a source of sustainable and considerable competitive advantage for Newmont. This is achieved by focusing on business process standardization, proactive collaboration, competency and capability development, maintenance and reliability practices, relevant global productivity metrics and targeted value-adding asset lifecycle cost improvements. The AM function is focused on delivering value aligned with our philosophy of continuous improvement and rapid replication.
The Asset Management Operating Support Network (AM OSN) will provide subject matter expert (SME) and engineering support for global programs, such as Full Potential, Operate for Reliability (O4R), defect elimination, asset integrity, and root cause analysis. The Senior Reliability Engineer/Advisor is responsible for implementing a culture of reliability across the Newmont portfolio and leading a team of Reliability Engineers and Advisors. The Reliability Engineering function will work closely the Strategies and Budget Planners to ensure strategies in SAP and budgets in AMT are reflective of the latest analysis from Reliability Engineers/Advisors.
Key outcomes include:
- Provide direct management of team of Reliability Engineers/Advisors to deliver insights into equipment reliability, risk mitigation, operate for reliability, and loss prevention initiatives.
- Ensure mobile AM site and center teams are supported to make key maintenance decisions through best-in-class asset strategies, life cycle cost modelling, and execution of reliability principles.
- Lead reliability programs across Newmont’s mobile AM function including defect elimination and operate for reliability.
- Support the establishment of Global focused Asset Management technical trends and thought leadership both internally and externally.
- Communicate AM and reliability best practices and technical vision across Newmont portfolio.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
Safety and Health
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in achieving a global Newmont culture of safety and health.
- Actively promote Newmont’s safety standards and improvement initiatives.
Life Cycle Cost Modelling and Asset Strategies
- Lead the development of Life Cycle Cost profiles and finalize Life Cycle Cost Models to evaluate different scenarios and provide recommendations on decisions regarding asset design, purchase, maintenance and replacement.
- Collaborate with capital projects teams regarding Design for Reliability, Operability and Maintainability (DROM), and Operational Readiness.
- Review and optimize asset strategies using detailed RCM or PMO methodologies.
- Collaborate with AM Strategic Planning group to determine asset criticality and prioritize strategy development.
- Drive work to identify critical spares and provide recommendations regarding stock levels.
- Ensure development of appropriate risk mitigation plans for critical equipment.
Best Practices for Reliability Initiatives at Newmont
- Ensure the loss accounting systems are maintained and supported.
- Lead the Operate for Reliability (O4R) program with Operations.
- Own Mobile AM Defect Elimination program, ensuring reliability and defect elimination principles are ingrained across the AM value chain.
- Ensure formal root cause analysis approach is utilized to determine effective solutions and ensure learnings are shared across the portfolio to drive rapid replication of best practice.
- Continuous analysis of maintenance data to determine potential improvements across all AM elements, e.g. Work Management, Materials Management, etc,
Support Talent Management for Reliability Engineers/Advisors
- Provide input into and implement global talent management strategy and pipeline for reliability engineers/advisors including identifying and addressing training needs.
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and development for reports.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a technical diploma, OR equivalent industry experience.
- ERP system experience desirable.
- Understanding of reliability principles and data driven insights.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in heavy industry.
- Experience with loading, hauling and drilling heavy mining equipment, such as CAT, Komatsu, Epiroc or others.
- Open pit mining experience is essential.
- Underground mining experience is highly advantageous.
- Experience in utilizing data insights and analysis to drive key business and improvement decisions.
- Experience with manual and computerized maintenance planning systems.
- Experience with change, communication and knowledge management methodologies.
- Experience in implementing Asset Management principles and best practices across multiple sites.
- Experience using analytical tools and processes that improve Asset Management performance, reliability and safety, reducing operating costs and maximizing return on assets.
- Experience with root cause analysis of production loss and development of successful solutions to reduce losses.
- Experience facilitating statutory / regulatory requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive performance improvement initiatives in a complex and global organization.
- Demonstrated leadership through direct or indirect supervisory positions.
- An ability to quickly assess information to diagnose problems and opportunities, with a track record of strong professional judgement and critical thinking.
- An ability to manage tasks both in-person and virtually.
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders across different functions and between site and central teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create data-driven business decisions.
- The ability to work flexibly to meet the frequent out of normal office hours requirements of leading a globally diverse team.
- Flexible work location within Australia and Ghana time zones.
- Work will be primarily from home.
- Position may be required to travel domestically and internationally.
- Flexible hours required to accommodate global nature of work.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As part of our diversity efforts. females are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date : 12th March, 2023
HOW TO APPLY