Senior Operational Risk Officer RC by Standard Chartered Bank
The Role Responsibilities
- The management and monitoring of all the operational risk Standard Chartered Group and its subsidiaries are exposed to because of the business activities and processes that exist in Ghana.
- This includes oversight of the Country’s operational risk profile of the organisation and work with the business and functions to identify material risks requiring management attention.
- To ensure that operational risks are properly assessed; those processes, roles and responsibilities are clearly understood; that all risk / return and control cost / benefit decisions are made transparently on the basis of a complete and proper assessment, and all controls are implemented in accordance with the Group’s standards and in line with the Risk Appetite.
- To ensure Operational Risk Framework and all associated policies and procedures and the Risk Management Framework are effectively embedded and communicated in country.
- To be the central point of contact for the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and its related Frameworks/Standards/Policies within the country arising within the processes, including being responsible for the evaluation of the design and operational effectiveness of all controls.
- To ensure risks of processing failure are being actively managed and monitored on an end-to-end basis in-country; including providing regular control assessments of required controls and escalation in instances.
- Favourable external, internal and regulatory audit results e.g. absence of audit failures or audits rated ‘improvement required’, absence of near misses and only acceptable results at independent control sample testing.
- ERC acknowledgement that controls have been made more efficient and effective and operational risks reduced and attestation to a complete country risk profile and awareness of emerging risks.
Strategy & Planning
- Inform the development of country business plans, exercising appropriate focus on the implementation of robust operating environments, within risk appetite, to support business aspirations.
Implement ORF in country
- Critically assess local deviations from Group Standard Processes and drive the standardization agenda in country through the gap analysis approach.
- Ensure all local differences are documented in Country Addenda, approved by the relevant PGC and fully implemented in the ORF
- Support in country training for ERMF/OR&T RFT implementation
- Deliver in country training on the One Point Mainstream Risk database(M7) system for all country stakeholders.
Deliver second line thematic review for Operational and Technology Risk Type Framework subtypes
- Assurance over integrity of country level OR&T RTF metrics (KCIs, CSTs, KRIs) for all processes
- Monthly assurance of residual risk assessments using the Group Risk Assessment Matrix
- Ensure controls are operating effectively and defects are resolved or escalated according to the ORF Hierarchy of Monitoring
- Identify differences in standards set by Risk Type framework Owners and escalate to CCRO
- Quarterly assurance of process, control, vendor, risk and system owners in country
- Maintain end to end oversight of all risks which have escalated to Group for acceptance and conditions and other feedback given to the country about them
- Periodically assess the country operational risk profile to maintain alignment with the risk appetite. Redesign controls as required in response to internal and external factors.
- Provide a central contact point and oversight over all controls required to effectively manage operational risk within the country that arises from the end to end processes.
- Design, maintain and effectively communicate operational risk controls, including control standards, risk exposure limits and other control levers in order to maintain the country’s risk profile in line with the overall risk appetite.
- Challenge the completeness of risk identification, monitoring and assessment of the corresponding control activities required within the end to end processes to identify and remediate any significant deficiencies.
- Ensure compliance with Operational Risk policy & standards as they relate to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Align the in country operational risk management approach to the Operational Risk Framework and the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and oversee its effective application.
- Ensure that the business heads, functional heads and relevant staff understand and accept their operational risk management responsibilities.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country Heads of Operational Risk/ SOROs within the Cluster/Region and Globally
- (Senior) Operational Risk Officers within the Region
- Country Business Heads
- Country Functional Heads
- Group Operational Risk
- Country / Group Internal Audit Team
- External Auditors and Regulators
- Country/Cluster/Regional CPO/RFO/ORO
Our Ideal Candidate
- Operational risk management experience.
- Business/function experience.
- A clear understanding of the Bank’s approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organisations.
- Ability to leverage resources across the organisation to complete deliverables.
- Sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships.
Role Specific Competencies
- Operational Risk
- Manage Risk
- Manage Conduct
- Business Partnering
- Manage Projects
HOW TO APPLY
Click Here to Submit your CV and Application on Company Website
Closing Date : 18th May, 2023