Guinness Ghana Brewery is a leading Brewer and Marketer of premium Alcoholic and malt drinks in Ghana. It has the vision of being Ghana’s most celebrated business.
Diageo Plc. owns 52.4% Investment in Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd and continues to invest heavily in capex, which is critical to the journey of being the most Vibrant and Iconic Business in Ghana.
Diageo is listed on the New York and London Stock exchange while Guinness Ghana Brewery Ltd (Subsidiary) is listed on the Ghana stock exchange.
Guinness Ghana is therefore required to comply with IFRS, Control Assessment and Risk Management (CARM) and local Statutory requirement.
Senior Inventory Analyst is required to play a significant leadership role within the supply chain to ensure that the functional/business agenda are closely aligned.
- Be yourself, stand up for what you feel is right and important
- Build great relationships with those you work with, both internally and externally.
- Take time to really understand the five Diageo Values, live them every day.
- Be honest and open at all times, demonstrate high integrity.
- Value the differences in people, treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Think in the future, anticipate trends and opportunities
- Generate ideas and move them to action
- Be imaginative in finding solutions to issues and pursing opportunities for the business
- Develop and apply a great understanding of the business to your work.
Connect to the Diageo Purpose
- Understand the Diageo purpose, what is means for the business and for your personally.
- Show pride in Diageo: act as a positive representative of the company and our reputation
- Play an active part in the responsible drinking and corporate citizenship agenda.
Consistently deliver great performance
- Demonstrate drive to make a positive difference to business performance
- Be clear about your own performance commitments ensure they are linked to business goals
- Identify clear priorities and focus on them at all times
- Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standard in everything you do
- Know your own role in beating the competition
- Understand the controls and governance required in your area. Work within these and always speak up if they are not met
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Show commitment to understanding teamwork.
- Develop and apply self-awareness, get to know your own strengths and development needs.
- Grow your capability and experience
- Look for and respond to feedback.
Purpose of Role
- To constantly evaluate external and internal factors and control through planning and review.
- To continuously strive to maintain optimum inventory level to ensure we do not hold too more or too little that can impact on financial figures.
- Ensure that stock count and valuation differences are reconciled and investigated timely with exhaustive explanations.
- To drive robust planning processes across the business to ensure excellent forecasts, LEs & strategic plans are developed
- Develop and maintain world class inventory management and reporting.
- To develop monthly Inventory Dash board for Review with FD/SD.
- To drive S&OP process in respect to inventory management and reporting.
- To develop inventory models to support decision making on innovations
- Manage engineering spares by liaising with partners and outlining key controls and procedures to manage spares.
- To support supply finance team on cost roll-up, standard price update and other system task.
- Analysis of inventory days, ageing and stock cover on inventory.
- Business partnering with work streams within the entire supply chain in Guinness Ghana.
- Engage with Marketing and Sales.
Qualifications and Experience Required / Skills
- Fully qualified Accountant.
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in financial accounting with proven integrity.
- Qualification in supply chain management will be an advantage.
Key Skills and Experience.
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the organisation & people Agenda.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Analytical, interpretative and decision making skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Good Communication and presentation skill.
- Good team player.
- Strategic Abilities
- Constantly seeking to improve business processes and drive efficiency.
- Understanding of Performance Management
- Financial & Management Reporting (Local and International)
- System management & development in field of planning
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook ( Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Working knowledge in accounting software ( SAP)
- Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to manage and influence a spectrum of key Innovation stakeholders and elicit buy-in and support.
- Inability to learn fast, adaptation to a new, flexible role and mange relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Inability to plan work and work under tight deadlines
- Inability to understand the SAP ledger and also the processes that is tasked to manage and control inventory.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20th Jan. 2022