The Security Manager is responsible for safeguarding the V&A Waterfront neighborhood and ensuring compliance from all security service providers. They must ensure the protection of all assets and people on the property, be visible on site and act as brand ambassadors for the V&A.
Job Objectives relevant to this job:
- Act as brand ambassador to ensure a safe, secure and enjoyable experience for all visitors
- Manage Security Service Providers in collaboration with Senior Manager Physical Risk
- Communicate and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders/clients
- Assist the Senior Manager Physical Risk with communicating and liaising with SAPS and other service providers.
- Ensure the visibility and professionalism of service providers deployed.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with standard V&A security operating procedures
- Provide support and information to the Senior Manager Physical Risk on security related SLA’s and assessments
- Ensure overall compliance and enforce access control systems
- Safeguarding of area (assets and people) in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure access control is in compliance with V&A procedures
- Ensure access control is managed with destitute persons and related structures.
Oversightof Physical Security
- Build professional relationships with, support and manage the security officers
- Manage the deployment of competent, professional security officers and ensure compliance on a daily basis
- Deployment must always be in line with the TRA.
- Ensure correct training for deployed members.
- Ensure deployment is in line with budgets
- Assist the Senior Manager Physical Risk with the deployment forecast timeously.
- Review and interpret incident and other data (maintain and ensure chase process)
- Utilize incident reporting system to compile a tendency of incidents for Operations Risk Plan to ensure security cameras are placed in hot spots.
- Conducts daily meetings with service providers to ensure compliance, share information and debrief incidents
- Manage, escalate and report security incidents
- Complete the chase system to the expected level
- Advise operations manager of potential risks and non-compliance
- Perform and report on investigations where necessary
Support the traffic management function.
Events / ThirdParty Management
- Safeguarding of all events at V&A
- Ensure deployment of security personnel based on risk assessment as confirmed by Senior Manager Physical Risk
- Manage the allocated 3 rd. party clients
- Manage the contracts with 3 rd. party clients including renewals.
- Timeously escalate incidents and ensure smooth process flow in line with Security SOP
- Manage operational communication between control room and all deployed personnel
- Interaction of security control room with parking control room to ensure collaboration and sharing of information
- Manage the lost and found items in line with procedures.
Passenger Liner terminal
- Manage and ensure the safeguarding of the terminal.
- Manage and ensure compliance with the ISPS code requirements.
- Manage the service Provider.
- Manage and coordinate a professional relationship with external government role players at the Terminal.
- Assist the Senior Manager Physical Risk with the TRA and PFSP for the ISPS code facilities.
Security equipment (Operational assets)
- Manage the allocated bicycles
- Manage the allocated operational radios.
- Manage the security response System.
- Manage the security patrol vessel.
- Assist the Senior Manager Physical Risk with the security budget
- Assist the Senior Manager Physical Risk with operational capital expenditure (OPEX)
- Manage the expenditure in line with budgetary requirements.
- Ensure all recoveries is done timeously.
Educational Requirements were found to be relevant to this job:
- Grade 12
- PSIRA Qualification (A-grade)
- Security Management Qualification advantageous
- Code 8 Drivers license Required
Knowledge Requirements were found to be relevant to this job:
- Corporate Security
- Event Security Management
- Standard Security Operating Procedures
- Technological advances in the field
- Risk Assessments and Management
- Disaster Risk Management
- Multi-disciplinary Staff Management
- Legislative requirements (firearm legislation, traffic, POPI, POPIA etc.)
Thefollowing skills requirements were found to be relevant to this job:
- Management of large team (50+)
- emotional Intelligence
- Leadership skill
- Conflict Resolution
- Verbal communication skill
Thefollowing experience requirements were found to be relevant to this job:
- 5-7 Years Relevant Security Management Experience
- Proven Security Appreciation / Risk Assessment Experience and Event Security Management
Closing Date:23rd November, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Similar Leanerships Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Leanerships Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Government Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Government Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Cleaning Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Cleaning and Household Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Security Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Security Officer Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar General Worker Jobs For you: Click Here: ALLGeneral Worker Jobs Available in South Africa Today