The Role Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery of the end-to-end Resourcing process for Ghana or Nigeria and parts of West Africa, covering operational Resourcing support for all employed worker hiring (internal and external), local and cross-border hires and transfers.
- Ensure all Resourcing activity is aligned to and effectively communicates the employer brand.
- The role is focussed on Operational Delivery to ensure the achievement of recruitment targets at the right time, the right quality and the right price.
- Build and develop strong, sustainable relationships with external stakeholders, promoting the Bank as an employer of choice to drive performance and recruitment of the right person, at the right time, at the right price.
- Manage cross functional / complex Resourcing projects, as required.
- Provide ad hoc support to the Head, Resourcing, Ghana and West Africa as required.
- Responsible for sourcing for Ghana and Nigeria based roles, ensuring direct sourcing channels and the relevant preferred suppliers are used.
- Ensure delivery (at the right quality & cost) of direct sourcing targets for the country, design and deliver sourcing strategies and solutions that meet business needs, generate diverse pools of applicants and control cost bases.
- Develop and lead initiatives to drive more diverse Resourcing pools.
- Identify ways to build the candidate experience as they navigate the Resourcing process in-country, sharing best practice regionally and globally, as appropriate.
- Drive greater cross functional and cross border talent moves.
- Participate in Early Careers recruitment events and activities, as required.
- Ensure the Group’s selection products and processes are thoroughly embedded across the country, improving effectiveness of selection and minimizing risks.
- Drive culture change to embed greater hiring manager discipline in all aspects of the Resourcing process e.g. ensuring hiring managers are up skilled in short listing and recording interview notes, ensuring prompt provision of feedback etc.
- Support the relevant Resourcing Specialists, where required, in conducting interviews and assessing candidates as part of assessment days for programme roles e.g. Early Careers.
- Working in conjunction with the Head, Resourcing, Ghana and West Africa to ensure all Resourcing control standards are met (Immigration and Background Screening for example).
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work with West Africa Resourcing team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Hiring Managers
- West Africa Heads of HR
- West Africa Human Resource Business Partners
- West Africa HR Service Delivery team
- Performance, Reward & Benefits team
- International Mobility team
- Resourcing Quality Assurance team
- Resourcing Operations team
- Global Talent Research (GTR) teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- In-depth experience of recruitment in a Financial Services environment (in-house preferred, or search firm / consultancy).
- Experience driving end-to-end Resourcing processes (Identifying Business Needs, Sourcing Candidates, Selecting Candidates, Offer Management, Background Screening, Onboarding, Post-onboarding).
- Track record of building creative attraction strategies to deliver new hires cost effectively and within budget.
- Experience of working with external and internal recruitment partners collaboratively.
- Experience working in a complex matrix environment, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups and successfully building / managing sustainable relationships across a variety of countries/locations.
- Ability to deal assertively with conflict and remain positive when under pressure.
- Able to see the ‘big picture’ and think conceptually, whilst simultaneously working on the details.
- Good knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems such as Oracle Taleo.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, enabling the role holder to build credibility quickly.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills.
- Proven delivery capabilities – track record of multi-tasking, prioritising, and setting and achieving deadlines (both short and long term).
- Pragmatic, customer-focused approach.
- Proactive, problem solving approach combined with a willingness to challenge in order to deliver results.
- Flexibility and a preparedness to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ when necessary to get the job done.
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection).
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20th Jan. 2022