Job Advert Summary
The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Mechanical Foreman and will be responsible for transporting of employees and equipment, collecting and deliver mail, invoice file, Job card files, etc. as required. Check/cleaning of vehicles on a daily basis and report any defects. Administrative duties and buying spares as and when required.
- Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
- Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
- Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
- Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Two years’ experience as a driver and be able to communicate at all levels
• Code C(10) drivers’ license and ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 Test is essential
• Must be in possession of a Public drivers permit.
• Driving of vehicles and delivering and receiving post & parcels.
• Transports staff/ equipment as requested
• Ensure roadworthiness of vehicles, i.e. Inspections of vehicles, reporting of all incidents and defects on a daily basis.
• To ensure that Mechanical Department vehicles is kept neat and clean. Delivering and collection of documents/equipment.
• Delivering and receiving of Petty cash, invoices.
• Completing of logbook after each trip. Ensuring that vehicles are serviced as and when required.
• Transport staff for training and well-being purposes, etc.
• Day to day Mechanical activities as required.
• Washing and cleaning of Mechanical Department Vehicles.
• Comply with all relevant SHEQ legislation. Comply to OHS Act and adhering to road regulations
• General housekeeping in the Mechanical workshop environment.
• Driving of Light/Heavy vehicles.
• Good communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• OHS Act and drivers regulations
• Take instructions and perform work as instructed.
• Good human relations and integrity.
• Problem solving
• Work independently
• Performance driven
• Team player
• Safety conscious
• Good housekeeping
Closing Date:29th July, 2021