At Amazon, we strive to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world’s brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the customer experience. Innovation and creativity are built into the DNA of the company and are encouraged at all levels of employment. Every day we solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We’re making history and the good news is we’ve only just begun.
Amazon is seeking motivated and hardworking individuals to fill a Logistics Coordinator position at our IT Warehouse in Cape Town. This IT Warehouse supports IT Offices throughout the area and across South Africa, providing either direct asset replenishment or procedural support. The successful Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for providing assistance to the operations team by maintaining IT inventory, supporting receive, induct, pick, pack and audits of assets assigned to the IT department, and maintaining general standardized housekeeping of all IT areas. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to work hard, have fun, and join us in making worldwide history.
Key job responsibilities
- Receiving and storage of IT assets and peripherals
- Picking IT assets in preparation for configuration and deployment
- Re-stocking of IT inventory locations, vending and stores
- Removal of IT assets from campus locations as required
- Preparation of IT assets for transportation in line with IT and InfoSec polices
- Safe handling and destruction of IT media in accordance with InfoSec policy
- Appropriate management of returned IT assets in accordance with compute reuse processes, reverse logistics processes, or disposal processes
- Preparation of all new hire equipment and supporting campus IT staff at new hire orientation
- Assist other teams in the tear down and removal of IT assets from staff who have left the organization, transporting these assets in accordance with InfoSec policy
- Experience in maintaining inventory levels including receiving, storage, and auditing
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
Closing Date:25th October, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Similar Leanerships Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Leanerships Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Government Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Government Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Cleaning Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Cleaning and Household Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Security Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Security Officer Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar General Worker Jobs For you: Click Here: ALLGeneral Worker Jobs Available in South Africa Today