The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons within the University for the position of IT Training Manager.
POSITION: IT TRAINING MANAGER
REPORTING TO: DEPUTY CHIEF IT OFFICER, SERVICES
SUPERVISES Training Instructors
Join our WhatsApp Group 4 to get notified when new Job Vacancies in Ghana are posted. Click Here to Join Our Jobs in Ghana Website WhatsApp Group 4
• To provide operational support, with respect to Information Technology initiatives to develop the knowledge and skills of students, faculty and staff in the use of ICT for the achievement of the objectives of the University.
• Provide quality information communication technology training (ICT) to the University community.
• Plan, coordinate, and monitor all activities of the training unit.
• Develop time table for the trainers.
• Carry out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels;
• Design training programs appropriate to the skills needed;
• Ensure the learning environment and resources support learner needs;
• Design course materials and other documents such as hand-outs, manuals and exercises;
• Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation.
• Initiate new ICT programs.
• Setting exam questions and marking of scripts.
• Design, develop and organise IT training programs for students and staff of the University in the usage of IT applications.
• Execute training programs for students and staff of the university.
• Develop training manuals
Qualification Required & Experience
1. The applicant must be a staff of the University of Ghana at the grade of at least, Principal ICT Assistant and:
• Have a Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Communication Technology related discipline or related field.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience in an ICT training environment.
• Professional certification in Management Information Systems.
Required knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• Excellent knowledge, understanding of the use of ICT productivity tools to facilitate Teaching, Learning, Research and office Administration.
• Team player with energy, enthusiasm and perseverance with the ability to promote and maintain the highest standards in all aspects of the work.
• Very good organisational skills, encouraging positive collaborative working practices.
• Good communication skills, showing sensitivity and strength.
• Mentoring and coaching skills, showing ability to be both constructive and critical.
• Ability and skills to manage change.
• Successful experience of teaching across the age and ability range.
• The ability to build good relationships with all students and adults
Please Follow the Instruction Below To Apply
An applicant is required to submit the complete application pack to the
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
(Hard copy); or
[email protected] (Soft copy). The application pack should contain the following:
• Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional employees (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website at: www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd;
• An up to date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant educational and professional certificates; and,
4. Two reference letters, at least one of which should be from a Head of Unit in the University of Ghana, with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should, among others, include the following information on the candidate:
• Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility.
• General Contribution to the work of the University (or relevant organization)
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information
In compliance with COVID-19 protocols, we encourage all applicants to submit soft copies of their application packs to the Registrar through the approved email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to participate in a selection process.
Closing Date: 23 November, 2020