The successful incumbents are required to perform duties to ensure the upkeep of all Guest Rooms and Public Areas as well as perform other duties within the housekeeping department as and when required whilst complying with all required COVID19 practices and protocols in accordance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in Housekeeping in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel
- Professional disposition
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Customer and Service Delivery focused
- Ability to perform physically challenging tasks
- Ensure uniform, personal appearance and hygiene is clean and professional at all times
- Be able to work within a team
- Attention to detail pertaining to area of responsibility
- Required to work rostered shifts and irregular hours as per operational requirements
- Flexible working hours as well as available to work weekends and Public holidays as per operational requirements
- Perform cleaning and related functions within the housekeeping department
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Access to guest rooms whilst complying with required policies and procedures
- Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Replace dirty linens with clean items and make beds.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
- Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- Report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries;
- Complete safety training and certifications;
- Properly store flammable materials.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards;
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs;
- You need to be able to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Perform duties within the Housekeeping department as and when required.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Closing Date:25th October, 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Similar Leanerships Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Leanerships Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Government Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Government Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Cleaning Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Cleaning and Household Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar Security Jobs For you: Click Here: ALL Security Officer Job Vacancies in South Africa Today
Similar General Worker Jobs For you: Click Here: ALLGeneral Worker Jobs Available in South Africa Today