Connect with us

General News

Security analyst urges Communication Ministry to regulate SIM box fraud

Published

on

Security analyst urges Communication Ministry to regulate SIM box fraud

Security analyst urges Communication Ministry to regulate SIM box fraud

Security Analyst, Saani Adib has urged all the Telecommunications Networks in Ghana, to be very efficient in preventing and putting up strict measures to eradicate SIM box fraud.

Last month, a total number of one thousand and six (1006) used SIM cards, including Vodafone, Glo, MTN and Tigo were also retrieved from customers according to the Communications Ministry while 100 pieces of recharged cards belonging to Glo and MTN were also found on them.

Saanie Adib, said SIM box is illegal and appealed to the public not to hesitate to report anyone suspected of doing such illegal activities to authority,” he exclusively told Kwame Tutu on Kingdom FM Accra 107.7 FM Morning Show.

The activities of the fraudsters had led to a revenue loss of $33 million dollars within a five to seven month period. He urged the Communication Ministry to work with Anti-Fraud Task Force and Security agencies to fish out offenders.

But Mr Saanie Adib task the Telecommunications Networks to end the crime and put up strict measures to regulate the mobile network operators and review downwards their rates on international calls into Ghana and make SIM box fraud unattractive to criminals.

Source: kingdomfmonline.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

General News

South African man attempts suicide on Ghana’s oil vessel

Published

on

South African man attempts suicide on Ghana’s oil vessel

A South African national on Tuesday attempted suicide on Ghana’s first oil vessel FPSO Kwame Nkrumah.

The man said to be a contractor reportedly jumped from the vessel into the waters for no apparent reason.

Divers with the assistance of some tugboats managed to resuscitate the man.

Operator of the Jubilee fields Tullow Ghana Limited has confirmed the incident in a statement issued.

“Tullow is aware of an incident offshore involving a contractor who jumped overboard the FPSO Kwame Nkrumah at 14:25 hours on Tuesday 18, June 2019″.

“Full Emergency Response procedures were activated, and the contractor was rescued at 14:33 hours. The individual received emergency treatment and is currently being managed by a medical team in Accra,” the statement said.

It added that “There was no Injury following medical assessment. Jubilee operations were not impacted”.

The statement said all relevant authorities have been contacted since the safety and security of all their workers are of utmost priority to the company.

Source: Africafeeds.com

 

Continue Reading

General News

Foreign Affairs C’ttee invites Nigerian High Commissioner over xenophobia claims

Published

on

Foreign Affairs C’ttee invites Nigerian High Commissioner over xenophobia claims

The Foreign Affairs Committee of Parliament has invited the Nigerian High Commission for further clarity on the recent statement on what they term as xenophobic attacks in the country.

Addressing the media on Tuesday, the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of Parliament, Frank Annor Dompreh called on the public to be circumspect in their pronouncements about Nigerians in the country.

According to him, Ghana and Nigeria have an admirable relationship worth deepening for the mutual benefit of the two countries.

Mr. Annor Dompreh was of the view that certain recent media publications about crimes committed by Nigerians in the country have not been up to standard.

“Particularly, we are guided by what is guided in the past, if you look into history, so we are threading cautiously, but unfortunately recent pronouncements in the media is not the best and we as a committee that has oversight when it comes to over-arching concerns about Foreign relations.”

He also appealed to the public to be measured in their comments and desist from engaging in xenophobic tendencies.

He also urged the police to go about their work without fear or favour.

“We want to appeal to the generality of the people of this country, the youth and the media. We should all be measured in our pronouncements, any arrest which has been effected by the Police, we will urge the police to do their work dispassionately.”

“We have sent a word to the Nigeria High Commissioner to Ghana. We will be meeting him, we feel that there is no course of worry, but generally we have to appeal to our own that we don’t want to dread any bad relationship between the two countries.”

Nigeria High Commission laments ‘xenophobic tendencies’ in crime reportage

The Nigerian High Commission in Ghana earlier expressed frustration with the nature of reportage of crimes involving Nigerians adding that it exhibits some form of xenophobia.

The High Commission in a statement said “xenophobic tendencies” had the potential to mar Ghana-Nigeria relations.

In the statement, Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Ambassador Micheal Olufemi Abikoye, referenced reports involving Nigerians and criminal activity; including the recent kidnapping of two Canadians in Kumasi.

The involvement of Nigerians in high profile crimes in recent times is viewed as causing some resentment for Nigerians in Ghana.

“The Ghanaian Press, both print and electronic as well as social media seems to have enjoyed a field day in demonising Nigeria which for all intent and purposes, is seen as a fraternal brother to Ghana,” the statement notes.

The High Commission maintained that this line of reportage “has caused untold pains, agony as well as apprehension” to Nigerians in Ghana.

This has compelled it to “appeal to local traditional media and social media to be highly circumspect in such reportage.”

Source: citinewsroom.com

Continue Reading

General News

Disguised male suspected kidnapper busted in Agona Nyakrom

Published

on

Disguised male suspected kidnapper busted in Agona Nyakrom

A man, believed to be in his 40’s who disguised himself as a woman, has been arrested by the Agona Swedru Divisional Police command for attempting to kidnap a kindergarten pupil at Agona Nyarkom in the Central region.

Reports gathered from the headmaster of the Agona Nyarkrom Methodist ‘A’ School, Mr Adokoh-Ghartey were that the woman came to the school premises and claimed the little girl was her granddaughter and needed medical attention.

“She mentioned a name that didn’t exist in the school’s records so we told her to leave because we had no such name as she mentioned but she later came back with a girl of about 10 years who pointed to one of the pupils as her granddaughter,” he said.

“We were compelled to call an elderly sibling of the said child to identify the woman but the child could not make her out so we asked her to come along with us to the police which she resisted and we had to force her to the station,” he narrated.

A witnesses, who also confirmed the incident, said the woman upon interrogation was found to be a man who had disguised himself as a woman.

Source: adomonline.com

Continue Reading

Trending