Connect with us

General News

NDC’s Ako Gunn blasts CID boss over inability to produce Takoradi kidnapped girls

Published

on

NDC’s Ako Gunn blasts CID boss over inability to produce Takoradi kidnapped girls

NDC’s Ako Gunn blasts CID boss over inability to produce Takoradi kidnapped girls

Deputy Communication Directors of the main opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Mr Godwin Ako Gunn has blasted CID Boss, Maame Tiwaa Addo Danquah for her failure to produce the three kidnapped Takoradi girls.

Priscilla Blessing Bentum, Ruthlove Quayeson and Priscilla Mantsebeah Koranchie, were kidnapped between August and December 2018 in the Western regional capital.

The Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service invited the National Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Samuel Ofosu Ampofo to answer questions on allegations of kidnappings and arson.

Mr Ofosu Ampofo has been summoned by the CID over the last month to assist with investigations in the wake of the Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election violence.

Mr Gunn tasked the CID Boss to update Ghanaians on the where about of the Takoradi missing girls rather than making unnecessary allegations relating to party Chairman, Samuel Ofosu Ampofo involved in recent kidnapping.

“The CID Boss should concentrate on finding the where about of the kidnapped Takoradi missing girls and find permanent solutions to the recent kidnapping cases and stop harassing NDC party Chairman Samuel Ofosu Ampofo for issues relating to consistent kidnapping,” he exclusively told Kwame Tutu on Anopa Nkomo on Kingdom 107.7 FM

He asked the head of the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police to stop talking and issuing statements anyhow and work towards the rescue of the missing Takoradi girls.

According to him, given the allegations surrounding her since she assumed office and how she has so far executed her work.

The CID boss is on record to have said that she was misunderstood and taken out of the contest when she addressed a Press Conference to speak on authority that, the Police was aware of whereabouts of the three kidnapped Takoradi missing girls.

Source: kingdomfmonline.com

General News

One suspect arrested over Tsopoli killings

Published

on

One suspect arrested over Tsopoli killings

One person has been apprehended in connection with the killing and burning of a family of three at Zutsukpo, a suburb of Tsopoli in the Ningo-Prampram District of Accra.

The suspect, Ali Kofi Sowunu, 60-year-old believed to be the nephew of the deceased, is cooling off in the cells of the Prampram police.

Confirming the arrest to DGN online, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mohammed Issah Cantona, Prampram District Police Commander said the suspect allegedly threatened the deceased prior to his death over a yet to be establish misunderstanding that ensued between them.

According to him, the police received a report about the threat and cautioned the suspect.

“Two Sundays ago, Mother of the deceased lodged a complaint against the suspect for threatening her son. He was said to have threatened the deceased that, he’ll stop him from farming in the area and ensure he vacates the village.”

The Commander said the suspect has been picked up to assist with investigation and safety.

“Some relatives of the deceased are threatening to revenge so we quickly pick this suspect for safety because we had information that some members of the deceased family are planning to revenge,” according to DSP Cantona.

He indicated that the suspect has, however, denied his involvement in heinous crime.

Last Thursday night, a family of three were shot, set ablaze and burnt beyond recognition by unknown assistants at Zutsukpo.

They were said to have gone to fetch water at Tsopoli and were returning home when the incident occurred.

The deceased persons, Joshua Kwaw Koranteng Oman, Gladys Sophia Delali Tetteh and their son, Ackuaku Oman were shot and killed by the assailants who laid ambushed in the bush near their house.

The assailants after the killing, packed the three deceased persons at the front seat of the Nissan picked-up with registration number GW 8970 V, which they were travelling with and set them ablaze that night at about 6:30 pm.

DSP Cantona said the suspect will be arraign before court after investigation.

Source: dailyguidenetwork.com

Continue Reading

General News

Rawlings leads Ghana delegation to Mugabe’s funeral

Published

on

Rawlings leads Ghana delegation to Mugabe’s funeral

President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has dispatched a government delegation led by former President Jerry Rawlings to represent Ghana at the funeral of the late Robert Mugabe.

The funeral of the former Zimbabwean president will be held on Saturday, 14th September 2019, in Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe.

The delegation led by the 1st President of the 4th Republic, Jerry John Rawlings includes; the Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration, Charles Owiredu; a nephew of the late Sally Mugabe, Mr. Queesy Ninsin-Imbeah; and officials of the Foreign Ministry.

Robert Mugabe whose first wife was the late Sally Mugabe, neè Hayfron, a Ghanaian, died after battling ill health in a Singapore hospital.

Mugabe died at the age of 95 on September 6, 2019.

Mr Mugabe was ousted from power in a military coup in November 2017, ending his three-decade reign.

Zimbabwe’s education secretary Fadzayi Mahere tweeted: “Rest In Peace, Robert Mugabe.”

He was born on 21 February 1924, in what was then Rhodesia.

He was imprisoned for more than a decade without trial after criticising the government of Rhodesia in 1964.

In 1973, while still in prison, he was chosen as president of the Zimbabwe African National Union (Zanu), of which he was a founding member.

Source: starrfm.com.gh

Continue Reading

General News

PDS deal: MiDA shifting blame to Bawumia – ACEP suspects ‘mischief’

Published

on

PDS deal: MiDA shifting blame to Bawumia - ACEP suspects 'mischief'

Transaction advisors in a concession agreement with energy company, Power Distribution Services (PDS) have been accused of shifting blame after controversy gutted the agreement.

In the controversy, Power Distribution Services (PDS) have been found to lack the financial capacity to provide $12.5m in guarantees when they took over ECG management in March 2019.

PDS has been suspended. But the agreement to provide demand guarantees has been now downgraded to insurance guarantees.

Millennium Development Authority (MiDA) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) who are the transaction advisors commissioned an investigation into the PDS deal.

In its report, it mentions a meeting in the Office of the Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia attended by top government officials including Finance and Energy ministers and the Chief of Staff.

It was at this meeting that the decision was taken to convert payment guarantees to insurance guarantees.

ACEP Executive Director Ben Boakye wants to know the position of the transaction advisors on that decision.

“They cannot sit aloof and say that we didn’t do anything,” he said on JoyNews late evening program, PM Express.

Ben Boakye noted that several sources have pointed to pressure from MIDA and IFC to push through the PDS agreement.

But in the report, the energy expert said he observed that there was “a very crafty attempt to exonerate the transaction advisors and start pointing fingers at some people.”

The ACEP Executive Director said his checks show MiDA no longer publishes minutes of Board meeting since the controversy began.

Before that, the transaction advisor regularly did so, he said. “We want to see what advice they gave to the government”, he pushed for the publication of the minutes.

Source: Myjoyonline.com

Continue Reading

Trending