About the position
Support the Finance Officer and his team on the research grant Accelerating Impacts of CGIAR Climate Research for Africa (AICCRA) with all financial (budget development, monitoring, and reporting), contractual (staff, consultants, and partners) and administrative matters in cooperation with the center’s supporting offices.
- Monitoring of the budget execution of the project’s research units, ensuring that expenses are appropriately charged and maintaining close contact with the person in charge of support in the Alliance Bioversity CIAT’s financial team
- Administrative support and other tasks related to budgets and contracts as needed
- Support the team in the preparation of management and execution reports that are required for the program, as well as the annual work plans, budget, and semi-annual reports
- Provide support for expenditure reporting to donors and for internal use at the program
- Support the project’s research units for the development of annual work plans and budget
- Ensure proper use of funds in accordance with donors’ and the program’s requirements
- Provide support related staff in clarifying rules from donors for correct execution
- Monitoring of cash flow for partnership and consultancy contracts as well as support with fundraising activities
- Guarantee timely execution of assigned key cases of fund raising, partnership contracts, monitoring of personnel contracts and audit reviews
Qualifications and requirements:
- Professional in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related fields
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years of work experience in similar positions
- Advance skills in Excel
- Intermediate level of English (Oral, Writing and Comprehension skills) Skills
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Problem solving
Terms of employment
This is a Colombian national search and will be managed through a fixed term contract of a one (1) year period, subject to a probation period of two (2) months and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
The Alliance Bioversity-CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer, and strive for gender, diversity, and inclusion in our staff, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Office, at the following email: ( [email protected]) and should clearly indicate “Application: Financial & Administrative Analyst”.
Closing date for applications: June 10th, 2022
We invite you to learn more about us at: https://alliancebioversityciat.org/ ; https://annualreport2019.alliancebioversityciat.org