As a principal recipient of the Global Fund and in partnership with USAID and PEPFAR and other public and private sector partners, NACOSA works at all levels – from international agencies and national government, right though to sub-district services and small, community groups.
NACOSA acts as a bridge between people and health and social services. NACOSA’s programmes reach around 270,000 people affected by HIV, AIDS, TB and gender-based violence.
The Driver/Storeroom Clerk position supports on NACOSA’s AGYW, SW, PWID, GBV and CRS Programmes implemented in South Africa, reporting to the Provincial Manager. The candidate meets the overall transport and messenger needs in line with programme service delivery activities on the various programmes.
Compliance with relevant national transport and driving rules and regulations, and the NACOSA’s vehicle management regulations should be observed at all times in support of ensuring the safety and security of staff, visitors, and passengers.
The main duties of the role are:
- Transport and Messenger services incuding
- Delivery or pick-up of health products, goods, documents on a day-to-day basis
- Shuttle staff to and from airport as required and possible.
- Repair and Maintain vehicle fleet at Centurion office
- Ensure cleanliness and good running order of all vehicles in coordination with Fleet Coordinator and Asset Management Officer in Cape Town.
- Ensure vehicles are adequately prepared and equipped for staff trips to programme implementation areas.
- Storeroom Activities
- Coordinates and / or supervises the receipt, picking, packing, loading and delivery of materials and organisation stocks
- Carries out and reconciles findings of inventory checks, administers and updates the organisation materials records
- Ensures that the stock room is at all times neat and tidy
- Assist with weekly stock take
- General Tasks
- Assists with general handyman tasks in and around the office where possible, such as fixing a door handle, hanging notice boards etc.
- Assist with documentation, data capturing and record keeping
- Adhere to Policies and Procedures
- Maintain and update accurate log sheets to reflect and code all trips completed.
- Reconcile petrol card usage and submit reports to Finance aas required.
- Comply with all NACOSA fleet and driving policies and procedures
- Abide by traffic laws at all times.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a code EC or EC1 driver’s licence with no impairments or endorsements.
- At least 3 year’s driving experience together with driving related work experience.
- Read, write and speak in two official South African languages, of which one must be English.
- Good knowledge of automotive maintenance and vehicle operations.
- Experience managing a storeroom and performing stock control activities.
- Must be physically fit and able bodied.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks (Data capturing, record keeping, general administrative skill).
- Personal qualities:
oProven integrity and honesty.
oBe able to follow instructions and procedures.
oSensitive to issues around key populations at risk for HIV and gender/sexuality diversity.
oCan work without supervision, and flexible to cope with changing circumstances and time pressures.
oBe highly organised, deadline driven and efficient with planning and prioritization.
oAbility to work well in a team environment and display a positive attitude.
oWilling to assist where needed and go the extra mile
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks consider your application as unsuccessful. NACOSA reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
- NACOSA respects the privacy of its stakeholders and will treat all personal information provided in line with our recruitment policy and in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act.