Director – Academics by Design & Technology Institute (DTI)
• To provide strategic and academic leadership, direction and coordination within the Institute so as to create a productive TVET educational experience, establish high standards and expectations for academic and administrative performance.
Strategy and Leadership
• Develop a sustainability plan which identifies the Institute’s key areas of focus as a TVET education leader school.
• Develop and roll out a comprehensive community awareness plan and represent the institute in the local community to increase awareness and
knowledge of the Institute as well as enhance its reputation.
• Establish constructive working relationships with the Ghana Education Service (GES), CTVET, and Industry to keep updated on new developments,
review and interpret relevant legislation and ensure Institute’s compliance with all statutory regulations.
• Develop and sustain an outstandingly high reputation for the Institute that is validated by external accreditation, student achievement of excellence and attainment of national and international recognition/awards.
• Incorporate measures for assessing the holistic development of individual students and year groups, into the monitoring and evaluation of the
performance of all academic programs.
• Formulate academic rules and policies for the Institute.
• Oversee curriculum development for all programs under the various departments in conjunction with department heads, and coordinate the
running of same.
• Implement a periodic plan for program evaluation and review to ensure continued relevance.
• Review and approve the introduction of new programs into the Institute.
• Regulate all matters relating to curriculum development, teaching methods and student assessment.
• Ensure that the teaching programs of the Institute meet the needs of students and is well scheduled to ensure efficiency.
• Develop and review curriculum-related policies, Schemes of Work and any other Student/Teacher handbooks.
• Utilize strong understanding of the unique nature of the DTI learning programs and TVET standards in evaluating, co-ordinating and developing the curriculum and the academic aims and standards of the School.
• Oversee the effective and efficient organisation, administration and publication of all exams, assessments and tests.
• Establish educational resources and budgets in conjunction with the teaching staff and the Finance team.
• Create a safe learning environment for students and faculty.
• Provide opportunities for staff to contribute to school initiatives and projects through staff committees.
• Work closely with Industry and Workplace Coordinator (IWC) on students projects.
• Set performance objectives with KPIs for direct reports and ensure they are monitored and assessed regularly through performance evaluation and
• Have oversight on setting performance objectives and KPIs and appraisals for entire education team.
• Ensure training and development opportunities are available to upgrade capacities of teachers and staff to provide high quality training.
• Promote a high level of discipline, academic and moral excellence in the institute.
• Manage staff leave roster.
• Make recommendations for the recruitment of teaching and other staff when necessary.
• Serve as a member of the Executive Management Team/, fulfilling all its associated roles and responsibilities.
• Serve as the Head of the Education Senior Management Team.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the President from time to time.
Internal: President, Operations Team, Project Team, Head Quality Assurance, Dean of Students, Registrar, Assistant Head of Institute.
External: CTVET, Ministry of Education, Community Leaders, Parents, Other Government Agencies, MasterCard Foundation, CEO Accents and Art.
Qualification Required & Experience
The ideal candidate should have:
• A master’s degree in Engineering, Technical Education or Educational Management. Qualifications in General Management would be an added
• A minimum of 12-15 years working experience preferably in Technical and Vocational Education, five (5) of which should have been at a Senior leadership level.
• Be conversant with work place learning experience.
• Experience in an international school would be a plus.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
• Emerging trends in Technical and Vocational Education.
• Curriculum Development in accordance with CBT based competencies/guidelines.
• Development of lesson plans
• Industry Partners.
• Multicultural Awareness.
• Comprehensive understanding of the national educational system and its regulation.
• Excellent use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
• Excellent relationship management skills – with both strategic and delivery partners.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication (written and oral) skills facilitating work with all constituencies of the school community.
Must have ability to:
• Work collaboratively with colleagues internally and externally.
• Think strategically and synthesize complex information.
• Combine long-term planning and short-term reactive work, and excel in both.
• Generate creative solutions and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
• Work independently and under pressure in a multitasking environment employing organizationally sound decision-making.
• Make quick decisions under pressure and resolve problems.
• Coach, Mentor and inspire.
• Appreciate cultural norms.
HOW TO APPLY
All CV’s and applications letters are to be submitted electronically to:
All applicants should clearly state the role they are applying for in the subject of the email and application letter.
Closing Date: 23 June, 2023