The University of Ghana, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of College Finance Officer, to take effect from January 01, 2021.
POSITION: College Finance Officer
REPORTING TO: Provost of the College
• The College Finance Officer is the Head of the College Finance Team and responsible for the financial strategy and management of the finances of the College within the broader University of Ghana financial architecture.
• He/she shall maintain the integrity and consolidate on-going financial reforms in the College anchored on fiscal discipline within the framework of the Public Financial Management Act 2016 (Act 921), the Public Procurement (Amendment) Act, 2016 (Act 914), the Income Tax Act, 2015 (Act 896), as amended, various Financial Regulations and Professional Standards such as International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(1) Without prejudice to the functions of the College Secretary, the College Finance Officer shall report to the Provost and subject to the direction and supervision of the University Finance Director be responsible for:
• Developing the overall Financial Strategy of the College in consultation with key stakeholders particularly within the College
• Preparing the Annual Budget of the College and shall present the same to the Finance Director for review and approval. He/she shall also submit periodic financial reports to the Finance Director of the University on the status of plans and projections necessary for the preparation of budgets for succeeding years.
• Keeping proper and timely accounting records throughout the College, in line with all statutory and professional requirements
• Managing the financial assets of the College in a manner that is befitting of a world-class research intensive institution and in line with the University’s policies and procedures
• Providing leadership to the entire College Finance Team of the University and be a team player within the entire Finance Directorate of the University.
• Responsible for designing and Implementing accounting and internal control systems of the college in line with the university, global best practices as enabled by the digital evolution.
Recommended For You
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must have:
• A good first University degree and professional qualification in Accountancy (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CFA or CA) with at least 12 years’ relevant working experience; A Master’s degree in a relevant subject is an added advantage;
• Considerable working knowledge of a world-class ERP system for managing complex/matrix organisations. Experience using a Tertiary ERP software packages is an added advantage;
• A deep understanding of the Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921), the PFM Regulation, 2019 (LI 2378) and risk management;
• Experience with the conception, development, and deployment of internal control systems;
• Experience in treasury management;
• Experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and/or the IFRS with a full compliant entity;
• Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her function within the top echelons of an organisation;
• Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level university management and administration or a complex institution;
• High-level analytical skills, demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership, and resolute position on ethics and professional integrity;
• Understanding of processes involved in university decision making processes, policy development and implementation;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders;
• Knowledge in resource mobilization, be a strategic thinker and a result-oriented person, drive innovations and achieves KPIs.
The person appointed as College Finance Officer shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment, subject to the usual terms and conditions of employment.
How To Apply For the Job