Guinness Ghana Breweries operates from two sites in five drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD, Non-alcoholic Malt and Mainstream spirits, as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Growth in the Ghana economy is encouraged to continue at mid to high single digit in a driven environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBPLC is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBPLC will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at driven costs, on time and in full with no errors.
The role holder will need to develop, support and implement specific plans to achieve standards
The Shift Brewing Manager is in charge of the brewing core KPIs, with full responsibility for the efficient and effective performance of the brewing shift operations and the brewing shift team.
The Brewing Shift Manager is responsible for meeting the OEE, Extract loss, IPQI and Technical Flavour Score targets for the brewing operations in a cost effective manner.
The incumbent is also responsible for the entrenchment of Perfect Plant Management System (PPMS) and Perfect Plant Controls and Reporting Systems (PPCRS) in a safe and healthy working environment.
As the front line manager, the shift brewing manager must be conversant with Human resource policies, particularly in the area of disciplinary and grievance procedures, in resolving people issues in the teams to create and maintain a highly motivated team.
- Contribute to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority.
- Be transparent as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate.
- Enforce strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Deliver AOP through proper production planning in consultation with the Brewing Manager Own and drive the Excellence in Supply Chain (EISC) agenda in Brewing and ensure 100% compliance to PPCRS tool such SICs, Walkabouts and leading Shift Based Team (SBT) and Daily/Weekly Brewing Tier 2 Meetings.
- Report daily process parameters to improve process control for delivery of >95% IPQI and 100% adherence to Codex standards, taking and driving actions to address variability in production process.
- Review departmental microbiological regimes including adherence to CIPs to deliver >96% Micro score
Qualifications And Experience Required
- BSc Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science/Technology, Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years in food and beverage industry.
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Knowledge in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS)
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.
- Inability to manage people for success
Flexible Working options
This role is based in GGBPLC production site at Kaasi Industrial Area, Kumasi.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 3rd August. 2022