A reputable international school in Accra, Ghana is seeking to employ a results-driven and ethical Administrative Manager with strong leadership skills to manage and improve the efficiency of our organization’s administrative operations
• The Administrative Manager will be directly responsible to the Principal for supervising and overseeing the administration of all academic affairs and related matters in the school.
• In collaboration with the appropriate staff, s/he will facilitate the effective execution of the Cambridge Assessment International Education in the school.
The Admin Manager should:
• Be a practicing Christian whose morals and ethics are in keeping with the school’s Christian ethos and who is committed to maintaining and protecting it.
• Have considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector.
• Have good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level school management and administration;
• Have high-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
• Have good communication and people management skills.
• Be able to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Have the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Co-ordinate and supervise members of the administrative team to ensure a high level of excellence with regard to the school’s
administration on a daily basis.
• Co-ordinate all administrative affairs of the college (secondary department).
• Collaborate with teachers and subject coordinators for the successful implementation and running of the Cambridge International Programme in lower and upper secondary classes.
• Work with management and staff to ensure that students receive the highest possible standard of care, education and security.
• See to the adequate maintenance of school equipment and furniture and liaising with appropriate persons for repairs and refurbishment
• Ensuring the organization of co-curricular activities in the college section and ensuring that all members of staff play active roles in this
important aspect of school life.
• Maintaining the Christian ethos of the school in teaching, conduct and expression.
• Liaise with all external stakeholders as and when required for the purpose of the smooth facilitation of all matters concerning the
administration of the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE).
• Ensuring the prescribed school enrolment procedures are followed efficiently and that new applicants are processed for admission into
school and the boarding house accordingly.
• Collaborating with relevant staff to facilitate publicity, marketing and admissions activities in the school
• Liaising with the Human Resource Department to develop and motivate staff so that they have the tools required to efficiently and
effectively complete their responsibilities to the highest standards and within the timelines set.
Qualification Required & Experience
• The Candidate must have a good first degree as well as an advanced Degree in business administration or a relevant field, with not less than 6 years’ cumulative, progressively responsible experience at management level in an educational institution or other.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send letter of application and CV to:
Closing Date: 11 June, 2023
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note this is a local hire role