mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV. For more, visit www.m2m.org.
M2m Ghana is implement an Integrated RMNCH/ECD program in two regions in Ghana working with two facilities in Ghana. M2m Ghana seeks an Administration Assistant who will provides office support to the Technical Specialist/Country lead, front office, logistical and general administrative support service for Ghana program. The incumbent will report directly to the Finance and Administration Officer. The position is based in Accra, with frequent travels to the site offices.
Key Performance Areas:
Support project implementation;
• Assist in organizing workshops and meetings
• Assist the program team in their daily tasks
Reception and front office assistance
• Ensure office orderliness and professional appearance (front desk);
• Assist in screening of staff and visitors and keeping records of temperatures using the m2m COVID-19 protocols
• Receive all visitors and telephone calls and direct them as necessary;
• Manage the message facility, retrieval and recording of the messages
• Take messages as needed and promptly e-mail to recipient with callers name, contact information and purpose of call
General office administration
• Take minutes at administrative team meetings and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained
• Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence
• Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference telephone calls
• Prepare boardroom and data projector for presentations
• Printing and copying
• Maintain office records and maintain basic administrative tracker logs
• Check any maintenance, repair or item/equipment replacement needed for the Finance and Administration Officer and to arrange for repair or replacement
• Maintain an up-to-date contact list for the project
• Track utilisation of office consumables and stationery and order consumables when needed with close liaison of the Technical Specialist and Finance and Administration Officer
• Other tasks as agreed with the Technical Specialist and Finance and Administration Officer.
• Receive and check that deliveries from suppliers are complete, match documentation, and are not damaged
• Make deliveries of project materials, files, office supplies and equipment
• Assist in asset management by updating asset registers, tracking transfer of assets, labelling new assets, and asset disposal
• Assist in stock management by updating stock registers with purchases, deliveries, organising and securing stocks, documenting stock usage, performing monthly stock counts
• Assist in branding/marking of required items
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum HND or Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance or its equivalents
• 2 years’ relevant experience preferably in administration role
• Sound understanding of general procurement processes
• Demonstrated experience providing administrative support to a multi-disciplinary team spread across different geographic locations
• Sound computer skills (Word processing, spreadsheet and database)
• Conversant in English (oral and written) and at least one (1) other African language
• Good record keeping skills
• Ability to work under pressure and multitask
• Good planning and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Pro-active working style
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
How to Apply For the Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 27 July, 2022
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged.