Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city.
Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre.
The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
To safeguard the financial integrity and stability of the hotel and minimize any exposure to potential risks. To supervise and aid the accounting staff with the daily activities.
To serve as a point of contact for other department managers.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining the internal controls in all areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accounting staff understands all their duties as well as Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for supervising and guiding the accounting staff. Distribute tasks as needed.
- Responsible for understanding and having a working knowledge of all areas in accounting and being able to assist or cover a position if needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily accounting tasks are accurate and on time.
- Responsible in assisting during the month-end closing, preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for assisting other managers with arising queries as well as providing them with reports needed for the operation.
- Responsible for assisting with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, scheduling, etc, of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for communicating with the Financial Controller or Assistant Financial controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
- Responsible for behaving in a professional and harmonious manner and following the Kempinski code of conduct.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualification
- Eligible for a working permit in country of hire.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant with professional affiliation (ACCA, ICA)
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role with 2+ years in an accounting management position.
- Hotel background is a plus
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to handle high volume with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience in respective accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and PCI DSS
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Closing Date :3rd May. 2022